Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Finding Sources (China Project) - 3/29/06

Bell-Work:
  • How many sources do you have for your project?
  • How many sources do you think you need?
  • Why do you think research is an important skill in social studies?
Objective:
SWBAT find sources for their research projects.

Homework:
Work on your China project.

Dear students,

I have a list of all the topics you have chosen for your China research project. I am excited to read what you write. Every year when I do research projects like these, I learn from my students! There is no doubt in my mind that you will do your best on these projects and that I will learn a lot from you as you carefully study your topics.

I have taken the list of topics that you have chosen and found at least one place on the internet where you can find good information about each of them. Whether you are studying the one-child policy or the ancient dynasties of China, you will find links to good information here.

Please find your topic in the list below and click on a link that I have given you to read more about your topic. Complete a Taking Notes worksheet for every place you go to find information. I know that you will do your best and make me proud of the work that you do.

Sincerely,
Mr. Locke

China Research Topics:

A great place to learn about modern China from the BBC